Significance of beauty sleep for beautiful skin
Beauty sleep is more significant than you may realise. Amazingly, it is a key factor in contributing to youthful glowing skin. Your body repairs and rejuvenates while you sleep and this leads to a list of benefits for your skin. 7 to 9 hours of quality sleep is recommended daily.
Some beauty benefits associated with beauty sleep are:
- Glowing complexion: sleep deprivation causes a decrease in blood flow to the skin so skin becomes dull. While asleep your body boosts blood flow to the skin which means you wake up to a healthy glow.
- Fewer wrinkles: skin makes new collagen while you sleep which prevents sagging skin. More collagen means skin is plumper and less likely to wrinkle.
- Brighter and less puffy eyes: Puffy eyes are the first thing we see when we have insufficient sleep. Get enough sleep and you’ll have less puffiness under your eye. Also stay well hydrated and use an extra pillow at night to elevate your head.
- Healthier Hair: Hair follicles gain nutrients, vitamins and minerals from good blood flow and as good sleep promotes good flow it increases the health of our hair. Few hours of sleep slow down the blood flow thus giving hair less food and causing it to weaken and break.
- Happier appearance: Lack of or too little sleep cause the corners of your mouth to droop making you look sadder than you would look after a decent night’s sleep. Also, the tiredness makes you frown and furrow more.
- Beauty products work better: Your skin focuses on repairing itself while you sleep so skin cells rejuvenate and facial muscles relax. Blood flow is more consistent and this helps your skin benefit from the repairing ingredients in your beauty products. Skin loses more water while you are asleep so you should use a creamier moisturiser at night.
So, even while you are sleeping and relaxing you are still accomplishing a lot. Beauty sleep is nature’s most powerful beauty treatment as a good 7 to 9 hours of sleep every night will leave you looking radiant with healthy skin and hair. Enjoy a good night’s sleep which in turn gives you beautiful skin and hair.
You may like this: Dermalogica Body Hydrating Cream