Protect your face from the aftermath and horror of Halloween
Halloween is around the corner and people are planning costumes and decorations. Face painting or heavy makeup may be part of your costume, unfortunately this can sometimes cause damage to your skin. Halloween make-up is highly pigmented to create different effects on your skin so the ingredients in them are stronger and potentially irritating. This kind of make-up can cause absolute havoc on your skin.
Here are some helpful tips to avoid the breakouts and potential damage.
- Do not steam your face or apply a masque on the day of Halloween as your pores will be open and the oil from heavy makeup can penetrate and cause breakouts.
- Make sure you wash off all the makeup before going to bed. A great way to get all your makeup off is by using the Dermalogica double cleanse system. Get super clean skin in two simple steps. Step one is using the PreCleanse which involves melting away layers of makeup, excess sebum, sunscreen and environmental pollutants with skin fortifying Kukui and Apricot oils. Add water to transform this hydrophilic formula into a milky emulsion that easily rinses debris from the skin’s surface, allowing your prescribed Dermalogica cleanser to penetrate even further for professional cleansing results. PreCleanse is formulated with conditioning Rice Bran and Vitamin E oils and is so gentle it can be used around the eye area to even remove waterproof mascara. PreCleanse deep cleanses even the oiliest conditions. Then move on to step two which is the cleanser. Dermalogica’s special cleansing gel is amazing and is suitable for all skin types. This is a soap free, foaming gel. The refreshing lather thoroughly removes impurities without disturbing the skin’s natural moisture balance. Calming Balm Mint and Lavender extracts soothe the skin, while natural Ouillaja Saponaria gently foams away toxins and debris. Both the PreCleanse and Special Cleansing Gel are formulated without artificial fragrances and colours.
- Exfoliate your skin the morning after and apply a masque. This will remove all the impurities that are on the surface of your skin and clear clogged pores.
- After all that cleaning don’t forget to apply a moisturiser suitable for your skin type. Moisturising prevents your skin from producing extra oil as moisturised skin won’t send signals to produce oil in order to make up for a deficiency.
- Give your skin a break from makeup for the next few days. Let your skin heal and repair itself after the excessive amounts of makeup you had on for Halloween. Wearing a little or no makeup for a few days will give your skin time to work with your care products and heal. Allow your skin to breathe and try to use no makeup at all for a few days.
Halloween is a fun time so doesn’t be scared of taking your costume to the next level with your special effects makeup. Just remember to treat your skin with care after. So, remember to cleanse and remove all traces of makeup, exfoliate, apply a masque and apply a good moisturiser suitable for your skin type.