Last Updated: 24 May 2018
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy rights and ensuring that your personal data is protected. We will:
- Use your data in line with the relevant data protection laws
- Tell you what information we are collecting, what we will do with it, who it will be shared with and what to do if you have any concerns
- Provide you with an option to stop all marketing
- Take appropriate steps to prevent unauthorised access to your data
- Respond to any queries you have.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we will collect and use your personal data for maintaining your online account, fulfilling your orders, customer service enquires, feedback collection and marketing.
Why do we need to collect and store personal data?
For us to provide you with the services available on our website we need to collect personal data about you. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect, and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes we would contact you for additional consent and not automatically add you to any marketing channels.
Will we share your personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to us while dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with their procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will we use your personal data?
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. We are required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will we contact you?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data you about me?
At your request, we can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If we do hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of [Organisation Name] or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide to access this?
We the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: Passport, driving license, birth certificate or utility bill. We may require you to provide more than one form of ID before releasing data.
- The Data Protection Officer (DPO) is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to us collecting/processing your personal data.
- All Employees who interact with you are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to your attention and that you consent to having your personal data processed.
3. Privacy Notice
3.1 Who are we?
Altwood Skin Care Centre is a trading name of OurLocalPharmacy.com Ltd, registered in England, company registration number 07769008.
Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
The personal data we could like to collect from you is:
|Personal data type:||Source:|
|Your name, contact details, address and any other information you add to your account.||You provide this information during the checkout process, or whilst registering to create an account.|
|Transaction and billing information.||You will provide this information during the checkout process to complete your order.|
|Your location.||We may access your location if you choose to share your location with us when prompted by your device.|
|Your name, email address and phone number.||When contacting us for a general enquiry or any other customer service request.|
|Your email address.||When signing up to our email marketing list.|
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Replying to and dealing with your customer service request
- Fulfilling your order and maintaining your account
- To personalise the website to show you content you will be most interested in
- To improve and maintain the website, and monitor its usage
- For feedback on how well we fulfilled each part of your order
Our legal basis for processing for your personal data:
- For fulfilment of your order – contractual performance.
- For email marketing – direct consent.
- For customer service enquiries – contractual performance and legitimate interests.
- For review/feedback collection – legitimate interests.
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
- Collecting your feedback after the delivery of your good to ensure customer service.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Altwood Skin Care Centre to process your personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing email@example.com.
Altwood Skin Care Centre will pass on your personal data to third parties for fulfilment of contract and pursuit of legitimate interest. The following third parties will receive your personal data for the following purposes:
- SagePay – for fraud prevention and payment processing.
- Trusted Shops – for review and feedback collection.
- Postal Providers – for the delivery of goods ordering on our website.
All third parties who receive your personal data are contractually obliged by law to meet the necessary data protection laws. We regularly review and check our contracts with third party suppliers to ensure that they are up-to-date and sufficient.
3.4 Retention period
Altwood Skin Care Centre will process personal data for as long as needed for the purposes set out above. This period will vary depending upon your interactions with us. For example, where you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for as long is necessary for invoicing, tax and return purposes. We may also keep data for longer as we see it necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Once we no longer have a need to keep your personal data, we will delete it.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: if we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.3 above) in the processing of your personal data.
If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by us (or third parties as described in 3.3 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and/or Altwood Skin Care Centre’s data protection representatives (Data Protection Officer (DPO)) as described in 3.1 above.
4.1 What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
4.3 Disabling cookies
Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors. Please note that some cookies (or similar technologies) are imperative for the proper functioning of our website, such as keeping track of items in your basket, and accessing your account.